Writings, photos, politics and rants... *Original content - may not be reproduced without my consent.*

Sunday, 20 February 2011

I'm not oppressed. I'm not an oppressor...

One of the most difficult things for people to realise is their chains when normality is chains. I think as difficult a thing to realise is that you are part of an oppressive system and that you are oppressing when your life is reflected in the normality around you.

How normal must the stitchers and shoemakers in India think their long hand gouging hours are for the few pennies that pays for their food and light. How normal it is for us to buy cheap throw away clothing to balance our books in order to pay the food and light companies who "need" to make bigger and bigger profits to ensure the billionaires can champagne toast democracy from their sun-soaked yachts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Be kind!